CAD Librarian and PCB Layout Designer
Teal Drones, a wholly owned subsidiary of Red Cat Holdings is looking to fill an immediate position for CAD Librarian and PCB Layout Designer. Teal is focused on creating world class system solutions serving a broad range of applications for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). Teal is working to deliver state of the art, high quality, high performance robotic systems to address the growing applications in the drone industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain schematic symbols for ECAD libraries.
- Create and maintain solder-pad and component land patters for ECAD libraries.
- Create and maintain 3D models ECAD libraries.
- Ensure all ECAD libraries are built and maintained in accordance with IPC standards.
- Coordinate with Configuration Management to maintain database of approved components throughout the release management process.
- Maintain ECAD tool updates and compatibility with cross functional database systems.
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Possess 10 or more years of relevant experience.
- Proficient with Altium PCB design software tools.
- Proficient understanding of engineering principles, best practices, and design processes.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate within a team environment.
- Proficient in coordinating and managing multiple tasks.
Additional Desired Attributes and Skills:
- Certified Interconnect Design Basic (CID) or Advanced (CID+).
- General knowledge of industry standards such as IPC, ASME/ANSI used in electronics manufacturing and design.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, as required by the duties and responsibilities.
- Adeptness in moving around the office, manufacturing facilities, and other workspaces.
- Proficient use of hands and fingers for tasks such as creating 3D CAD models and drawings.
- Clear vision for precision work and attention to critical dimensions and quality control callouts.
- Ability to actively engage in team discussions, presentations, and collaborative problem-solving sessions.
- Adherence to safety protocols and guidelines in laboratory or manufacturing settings.
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with a criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal and state law.
EEO and ITAR/EAR Work Authorization Disclosure
Red Cat Holdings provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position requires direct or indirect access to hardware, software, technology or technical data controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Successful candidates for positions subject to ITAR/EAR restrictions must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence and must not require sponsorship for export-restricted work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Interconnect Design Basic (CID) or Advanced (CID+) (Preferred)
Work Location: In person