Warranties and Returns
Teal Drones, Inc.
Last Updated: September 10, 2018
This Limited Warranty explains our policies and practices regarding Products that you wish to return or exchange. All capitalized terms used in this Limited Warranty have the same meanings as in our Terms and Conditions of Sale. Please make sure that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Teal Drones gladly accepts returns of unused or undamaged Products for full refund (less return shipping costs) or exchange within thirty (30) days of purchase. Refunds will be made in the form of the original payment, unless we agree to credit a different payment type. To make such a return, please follow the instructions listed under the heading “Sending Your Product Back to Us” and “Return Procedures and Costs” below.
LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
Teal Drones warrants to the original purchaser that the Teal One, Teal Sport Racer and the Teal Sport Freestyle (the “Products”) are free from defects in material or workmanship, under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the original date of delivery of the Product to you (the “Limited One-Year Warranty”). However, Teal Drones does not warrant that the software operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that all such errors may be corrected.
You agree to fully read the instructions and guidance we provide and review the Product’s capabilities and constraints before using the Product. Notwithstanding the Limited One-Year Warranty above, you assume all liability and we have no obligation whatsoever to you or anyone else for any of the following:
- use of the Product for High-Risk Activities (defined below);
- use of the Product other than in accordance with our published specifications;
- modifications, alterations, adjustments or repairs to the Product made by a party other than one we authorize or, if modifications, alterations or adjustments (but not repairs) are made by the registered owner of the Product, such modification, alteration or adjustment (but not repairs) are made other than in accordance with our specifications or guidance for modifications, alterations, adjustments as the same may be modified by us from time to time (and for which we are not obligated to provide you with notice and whether these specifications and this guidance are included in writing with the Product or made available on our website);
- failure to comply with environmental and storage requirements for the Product specified by us, including, without limitation, temperature or humidity ranges;
- damage from external causes such as dirt, water, sand, battery leakage, power surges, or improper usage of any electrical source;
- use of the Product in combination with any third-party devices or products that we have not provided or recommended to you;
- leaving the Product in direct sunlight for long periods;
- allowing the Product to land on unstable surfaces or dangerous terrain;
- using the Product in inclement weather or low light;
- failure to maintain line-of-sight with the Product when using it;
- attempting to charge the Product with any charger other than the one provided by Teal Drones;
- attempting to affix anything to the Product other than devices or products that we have provided or recommended to you;
- failing to make sure that any other person who uses the Product also complies with these terms and any other guidance we provide you, whether this guidance is included in writing with the Product or made available on our website;
- any continued use of the Product after you detect any material defect, including erratic responses to user input;
- failure to adhere to Federal Aviation Administration regulations and advisories, as well as any other relevant laws and local government rules; and
- any other improper use of the Product.
All Products that are returned to us become our property. We are not responsible for any memory card, content or information stored in any Product you return to us, whether under warranty or not. Please make sure to save any content or information you wish to keep from your Product’s memory card and erase any data thereon before returning your Product to us. Our sole obligation in the event of such defects during this period is to repair or replace the defective part or product with a comparable part or product; how we replace or repair the Product is at our sole discretion. Replaced or repaired Products will be warrantied for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days from the date of delivery of the replaced or repaired Product to you, whichever is longer. Please note that this Limited One-Year Warranty applies ONLY to orders placed on our website at www.tealdrones.com, and is not transferable.
You agree to read, and abide by, any written instructions shipped with your Product and all safety precautions contained therein. If you do not understand any part of any of these instructions or the functionality of Product, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Product is not designed or intended for use in any application or hazardous environment that requires fail-safe performance, where the failure or inaccuracy of the Product might result in or cause death, personal injury, collision, or significant environmental damages (“High-Risk Activities”). High-Risk Activities include, but are not limited to, operation near any person, road or highway, animal, power line, cellular or other radio frequency tower, mining area, any other electromagnetic interference environment, obstacle, airport, airfield or industrial facility or area.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, TEAL DRONES MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR BY LAW, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE. ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF THE COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, ARE DISCLAIMED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM TEAL DRONES OR ELSEWHERE, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This Limited One-Year Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary by jurisdiction.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST DATA OR REVENUE, OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TEAL DRONES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR PERSONS CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING YOUR FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND THE FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE PRODUCT OR FAILURE TO DETERMINE THE SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT FOR YOUR INTENDED USE IN NO EVENT WILL OUR LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT. The foregoing limitations will apply even if any warranty or remedy provided under this Agreement fails of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
SENDING YOUR PRODUCT BACK TO US
You can make returns only as follows:
- You must obtain a Return Materials Authorization (“RMA”) number from us prior to returning any Products to us. Before requesting an RMA, please contact our Customer Care Team by clicking on the Support link at www.tealdrones.com. We are often able to solve the problem quickly via email or calling us at 801.386.8080 and speaking with a customer care agent.
- If we are unable to solve your problem via email, request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number from Teal Drones Customer Care Team.
- If our Customer Care Team determines that your problem qualifies for a refund or is covered by the Limited One-Year Warranty, you will be issued an RMA number.
- Customer Care will send you an RMA form along with a pre-paid Return Shipping label.
- Package Products along with a copy of the RMA form.
- Attach the pre-paid Return Shipping label to the outside of the shipping box.
- Write the RMA number on the outside of the shipping box and send it to the address provided by Teal Drones’ Customer Care Team.
Please do not hand-deliver your product to the address provided, even if you are local. Our locations do not receive visitors.
RETURN PROCEDURES AND COSTS
You agree to pack the Product that you are returning carefully and return it to us together with the RMA. The returned Product must be in the original package and free of any defect or damage caused by shipping.
Warranty Returns: If we determine to repair or replace your Product under the Limited One-Year Warranty, we will pay the return costs for ground shipping. If we reasonably determine that the Product you returned is not defective, we will contact you and will arrange for reshipment to you at your cost, plus a handling fee equal to fifteen (15%) of the Product purchase price. If you decline to pre-pay such shipping and handling costs, we are under no obligation to return such non-defective Product to you.
Other Returns: If you decide to return your Product(s) for a refund, you will be charged the return costs for ground shipping in the form of a deduction from your refund amount.